Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us

Deals & Steals

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Here’s a confession that should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me: I love a good party. But I’m less enthusiastic about after-work parties for one simple reason: I hate getting ready to go out at the office!

On Saturday nights I like to take my time – soaking in the tub, blow-drying my hair, getting dressed, doing my makeup (can you tell I’m a girly girl?). But there’s something about getting all gussied up at work – is it lugging my beauty supplies with me? The fact that my face is all shiny and my day makeup is as distant a memory as my morning coffee break? Having to spend an extra second in the office bathroom – that usually makes me go out as is. Not exactly a festive look.

Which is why when Toronto makeup artist and founder of Pandora’s Makeup Box cosmetics Susan Kirsch offered to show me some holiday makeup techniques, I jumped at the chance. And issued her a challenge: give me a look I can create in the office bathroom without having to start with a clean, fresh face. Oh, and make it a look I can recreate in less than 10 minutes. Mission impossible, right?

Actually, wrong! Kirsch gave me a fun, sparkly night look and got the time down to seven minutes. Here’s how you can do it too:Face_400

1. Use a soft brush to apply a creamy (good for flakey winter skin) finishing powder (Kirsch used Pandora’s Box Perfect Powder #3) to entire face. Use a not-too-puffy brush for better control (i.e. faster blending). Time: 1 minute.


2. Apply eyelid primer all over the lid to even out leftover eyeshadow and give your fresh shadow something to stick to. Time: 30 seconds.


3. Now for the dramatic, sparkly holiday eye: Kirsch used Champagne, a lightly sparkly beige-gold from my crease to my lashes and shimmery Spun Gold from the crease to the brow. But if you think sparkly eyes are 100% about the sparkle, you should think again. Kirsch recommends sweeping a matte colour (she used Slate Brown) in the crease using a windshield-wiper motion to help give eyes a lift. Be careful not to get too close to the inner corners of your eyes, which can make you look tired. You can use a stiff angled brush to fill in brows with Slate Brown, but you’ll save time if you do it at home in the morning (it won’t fade). Time: 1 minute 30 seconds.


4. Now for liner. Kirsch used a couple of drops of water to mix a matte black shadow into a paste, and then used a thin black liner to apply to the top and bottom lash lines. 1 minute, 30 seconds.
BONUS TIP 1: Give tired, droopy eyes (like mine!) a lift by painting the upper, outer corners of the eye slightly thicker – the height of the outer part of the line should be the same as the widest part of your eye.
BONUS TIP 2: Prevent lower liner from running by lining just above the lower lashline.


5. Mascara: “Grab lashes at the root and slide outwards,” says Kirsch. This leaves a little mascara at the lashline, thickening out your top and bottom liner (making your eyes pop even more!). Time: 1 minute.


6. Cheeks and lips: Use a small brush to sweep a peachy-coloured blush like Pandora’s Classic Pink from the hairline to the front of the cheek. Line lips with nude liner and use a lip brush to fill in with peachy gold lipstick. Top with a coat of peachy-gold gloss (Kirsch used Chic lipstick and Smile gloss). Time: 1 minute 30 seconds.

Total elapsed time: 7 minutes.

Now smile and have fun!



Digg It!
Add to del.icio.us
Stumble This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Indian Wedding Makeup

Beauty & Style

Beauty & style

Badges & Links

IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers makeup tips, beauty tips, makeup artist, Khush Singh, beauty secrets, beauty tips and techniques Blog Awards Winner World Blog Archive Featured Fashion Blog ChickAdvisor.com Love it, Share it, Rate itWeb Directory
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our directory. BecomeGorgeous.com