She plays the stylish siren on AMC's Mad Men, and she's giving curvaceous women a reason to feel sexy and sassy again. She's Christina Hendricks.
The stunning redhead arrived at the 2009 Emmy Awards with a more casual, but still glamourous look on the red carpet. With her auburn locks swept carelessly back (a style which took far more effort than it appears, most certainly), Christina Hendricks' makeup look seemed to be inspired by her character Joan.
Looking to get Christina Hendricks' makeup look from the 2009 Emmy Awards? Follow this simple steps to recreate the look at home:
- After moisturizing, apply a foundation primer over the entire face, to smooth the skin, reduce the appearance of pores, and to create a flawless canvas.
- With a foundation brush, apply a matte liquid foundation to the skin.
- Using a large powder brush, lightly dust translucent loose powder over the entire face.
- For the eyes, begin by applying a smokey, metal-colored eyeshadow. It can be matte or have a pearl finish, depending on your personal preference. It should be applied using a stiff eyeshadow brush, and only from the lashline to the crease of the eye.
- Liquid eyeliner in black is used to create a dramatic cat-eye shape in Christina Hendricks' makeup look from the 2009 Emmy Awards. While using the applicator that comes with the liquid eyeliner may work well, using an angled brush for the application provides much more control and fluidity. Instead of turning up at the corner of the eye, Christina Hendricks' Emmy makeup extends straight out, one of the hot makeup trends for 2009.
- Curl the eyelashes and apply two coats of your favorite deep black mascara.
- Sweep a light pink or peach blush across the apple of the cheek only. If it seems like too much color, apply a light layer of translucent powder over the top to soften the application.
- Finish with a neutral lipcolor that closely matches your natural lip color. This could be a tinted lip balm, a favorite lip gloss or a sheer lipstick. Lipliner is optional.
Add to del.icio.us