Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us

Deals & Steals

Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Former Chicagoan Johnny Wright has styled the first lady's coif for the Democratic National Convention, her upcoming appearance on the cover of Vogue magazine and other occasions. He has signed a deal with 44 Blue, which produces such reality shows as Style Network's "Split Ends" and A&E's "L.A. Gang Unit."

44 Blue executive vp Stephanie Drachkovitch said she discovered Wright while searching for a reality host.

"There aren't many people of color doing makeover and beauty shows," she said. "We figured there's got to be somebody out there with a mainstream clientele, but brings a different point of view."

Enter Wright, who moved to Los Angeles recently and also has worked on Vivica A. Fox, Rebecca Gayheart, Lauren London and Candace Bushnell, among others. Drachkovitch said she was impressed with the hairstylist's personality before she knew his Obama connection.

"We fell in love with him before we knew," she said. "There's a lot of hairstylists out there who do celebrities, but they can't center a show."

Drachkovitch soon will shop her pitch to cable networks as a docusoap or a makeover series. The well-timed Obama connection doesn't hurt.

"She has certainly emerged as a style icon," Drachkovitch said of the first lady. "She has everyday beauty mixed with elegance. It certainly raises (Wright's) profile."

Johnny met the first lady by chance and as he puts it "It kind of happened on a whim, and I’ve been doing her hair now for a year. My agent out in New York booked me for her Ebony magazine shoot, and she liked it so much that she had her people book me.

You know, I’ve been doing hair since I was 12 years old and I never thought that I would be in that type of world. Before this, I didn’t do anything about politics. I look at it as a blessing, because I pay attention much more now. I feel like I’m much more educated on how things go just from being with her and following the campaign.

Digg It!
Add to del.icio.us
Stumble This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Indian Wedding Makeup

Beauty & Style

Beauty & style

Badges & Links

IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers makeup tips, beauty tips, makeup artist, Khush Singh, beauty secrets, beauty tips and techniques Blog Awards Winner World Blog Archive Featured Fashion Blog ChickAdvisor.com Love it, Share it, Rate itWeb Directory
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our directory. BecomeGorgeous.com