Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us

Deals & Steals

Benefit Cosmetics LLC



“Slumdog Millionaire.” Two of the best things to come out of this film are Freida Pinto and Dev Patel ( I loved him in Skins). They are destined for great things.

Freida was featured in the latest issue of Arena Magazine. You will be surprised to learn that this was her first ever acting job.

“I was so lucky. As it’s an all-Indian cast, Danny Boyle wanted people who had no acting experience or training. He wanted to see anyone and everyone. So I auditioned for one scene where Latika meets Dev’s character, Jamal, again for the first time in years and makes him go away-what a bitch-and I just thought, well, I’ve given it my best shot. For 6 months I continued to audition. So rigorous. It was like going to acting school, and I was never sure what was happening. And then I got the call that said, “You are Latika, so get ready!” “The best moment ever.”

Freida was already a fan of director Danny Boyle. It’s amazing that she was able to work alongside one of her heroes.

“I used to adore Danny Boyle films, truly. I did a film course at St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. We studied Trainspotting-yes, I did understand the accents, thank you! I loved The Beach, and also watched Sunshine and Millions. He can do anything: a horror flick, a children’s film, a Sci-Fi flick, anything.”

“Honestly, if Slumdog Millionaire was to be described in Danny Boyle terms, it would be a bit of Trainspotting, the romance from A life less Ordinary and the tension of 28 days later, all bundled together into this beautifully written, dynamic movie.”

Digg It!
Add to del.icio.us
Stumble This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Indian Wedding Makeup

Beauty & Style

Beauty & style

Badges & Links

IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers makeup tips, beauty tips, makeup artist, Khush Singh, beauty secrets, beauty tips and techniques Blog Awards Winner World Blog Archive Featured Fashion Blog ChickAdvisor.com Love it, Share it, Rate itWeb Directory
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our directory. BecomeGorgeous.com